DeployStudio - Warranty Information Properties
Note: The machine running the workflow *must* have internet access and must be able to contact www.apple.com for this script to work properly.
To get warranty information into your DeployStudio Workflows, follow these steps.
- Grab the latest version of warranty2.sh from this page: https://github.com/rustymyers/warranty
- Open DeployStudio Admin and go to the Scripts section.
- Click the + sign to make a new script and name it warranty.sh or anything else that makes sense to you.
- Delete the default contents out of the new script you just created in DeployStudio Admin.
- Select all the contents of the script you downloaded from GitHub and paste them into the warranty.sh script in DeployStudio Admin.
- Change #!/bin/bash to #!/bin/sh (DeployStudio uses sh by default.)
- Click save.
- Go to the workflow that you would like to have warranty information in.
- Add a new Script Task (Generic Task).
- Select the warranty.sh script in the Command section
- In the Parameters section, put in "-f DSProperties" (minus the quotes of course)
- Check the automate box.
- Click save.
You should now have custom Properties in your task sequence that contain the warranty information of the machine that runs the workflow. The properties available are listed below:
SERIAL_NUMBER PURCHASE_DATE WARRANTY_EXPIRES WARRANTY_STATUS MODEL_TYPE ASD
These variables can be access in the normal fashion ( $PURCHASE_DATE for instance). Enjoy!