Deploying Parallels Desktop (Munki)
Objective: To allow Mac users in the organization have access to Smart Card enabled Internet Explorer only websites and applications that are only available on Windows platform.
Here's the step by step - I assume you are already familiar with Munki, if not you can learn more here:
- Download Parallels Desktop Autodeploy Package
- Download the latest version of Parallels Desktop and have your volume license ready
- Right click on the "Parallels Desktop Autodeploy.pkg" file > Show Package Contents
- Find the Parallels folder and edit the License.txt file. Replace "-- PUT LICENSE KEY HERE --" with your actual volume license key.
- Put the latest version of the Parallels Desktop DMG file into the Parallels folder.
- Import the "Parallels Desktop Autodeploy.pkg" file into Munki repository. Remember to change the version from 1.0 to the actual version of Parallels you are using i.e. 6.0.11992.625164. This way, it will be easy for you to push out updates later.
- Update your Munki pkgsinfo
- Update the Munki manifests
- You are done. All Mac clients will automatically have Parallel Desktop installed via your regularly predefined Software Update schedule.
If you want to learn more about other possible deployment methods and tweaks refer to Parallels' deployment guide.
Side Note: as you can tell this is my first try at this, so I haven't figured out how to put this in the right place. Please help or let me know how to do it. Thanks. Hope this info is helpful.